Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm still Marvin, but, for now, I'm OK with it!

Ok, so, yeah I'm feeling a little better today. Or at least I was until I saw four things:


1: Herr Vogler's latest posting just about sent me in to a fit (the topic, not his view on it...I agree with him).

2: My contact for film work finally got back to me. Which would seem fan-fucking-tastic if he hadn't told me that just about every job he was trying to line up seems either to be in a perpetual state of limbo, or to have just flat died all together.

3: NASA has grounded the shuttle program.......again (FUUUUUUCK)!

4: The House passed CAFTA - In all honesty, I don't really know much of anything about the agreement, but if Dubya's administration came up with it, it can't be good for anyone except Dubya and his lackeys. What I'm really upset aboot is the way it was passed. The whole partisan political mentality (and I don't just mean by the Republicans, but in this case, them in particular...they are worse about it after all) that you need to blindly support any and everything that your President churns out just to help him save face (particularly when he's in serious need of having his ass handed to him anyway) just makes my blood boil. If you're not sure what I'm talking about here's the link to the CNN.com story:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/28/house.cafta/index.html

The White House went well above and beyond any reasonable and sensible effort to get this thing pushed through. For one, the fact that the bill passed by two votes speaks volumes on how potentially awful it could be, and two, breaking every House voting policy and tradition to wring two more votes out of the cloth is just insane...

I don't know, I guess I just don't know enough about politics to really get it, and in the end, I suppose I'm better for it anyway. The less I know about the process, the better my blood pressure will be (let's face it, do I sound like someone who needs more aggravations?).

1 comment:

Herr Vogler said...

I'm still trying to formulate a response. At the moment, though, my brain hurts.

I'm sorry to hear about potential gigs being essentially put on hold, though.