Friday, May 12, 2006

Didn't Your Mother Ever Teach You To Share?

UPDATED!!!


So anyway, I just discovered something interesting the other day and I thought I'd share with everyone. If you sign yourself up at MySpace.com as a musician they allow you to post up to four "songs" from your "band". I personally have the gayest "band" name in the world...Michael Shehan. Can't you just hear the record companies beating down my door to sign up Michael Shehan? Fuck American Idol, Michael Shehan is going to be the next pop sensation!!! Sure, and I'm going to grow a second asshole on my elbow to help get the bullshit out of my system that much quicker!!! Anyway, don't sign-up at the main page, go to the "Musicians" tab near the top of the page. Oh, and posting a picture of yourself is a lot fucking easier than here too!

Question is...now what the hell do I put out there for the world to hear?!


Well...I'm on. For the moment I've posted the "Shyamalan-esque" demo piece, the closing credits to the wine show, and a little electronica thing I did for an animatic demo in a gun safety vid. Still not sure whether or not I should post the trombone trio. Brad and I cleaned up the recording quite a bit, but while I'm extremely proud of the piece, I'm still a little underwhelmed by the performance. Maybe I'll put it up and let you all decide whether to keep it there. By the way, just as a reminder, you can find me as Michael Shehan.

16 comments:

Herr Vogler said...

Well, since you don't have anything that's worth hearing I'd say it's a good idea just to slit your wrists.

Herr Vogler said...

Kidding!!! Kidding!!!

That being said, you should post your trombone trio, your titles for the wine show and your "Little Night Music".

Also, is this something that you can add and remove at will or once it's uploaded that's it?

Mikey the Pikey said...

"If you were any other man I would kill you where you stand!!!" - hehe

How about a murder-suicide. First I kill you, make sure they find you in some sort of homoerotic situation...then I slit my wrists. Of course, if I'm dyslexic I'm more or less fucked (suicide-murder anyone?).

Too bad the trio recording kinda sucks...maybe I can slap a MIDI version together. While I'm at it, I should open up the "Night" music file and beef it up orchestrationaly (are there 2 l's in that?) a bit. And you're only allowed four uploads at a time (I'm pretty sure you can change things out at will) so I'd have to splice a couple of things together.

WOW! word verification: ifksmq

Reed said...

i want you to post pure hate.

Herr Vogler said...

The trio recording isn't as bad as the string quartet. I don't wanna say anything, but that ain't right.

Didn't we somewhat fix the trio recording? I thought we laid in the piano part to make it, you know, audible.

Oh yeah, there are two l's in orchestrationally.

Herr Vogler said...

Oh Reed:

PURE HATE

Herr Vogler said...

Don't you think it's a little unfair to JNH to refer to a something as "Shyamalan-esque"? Shouldn't you call it JNH-esque? Really from a technical standpoint it's got more in common with Benny Herrmann.

word verfication: wrunf

Reed said...

i can't find you on myspace.
what am i doing wrong?

Mikey the Pikey said...

Search under the music tab for 'Michael Shehan'. For some reason, you can't find me under a general MySpace search!!!

Reed said...

i found you!
now you're my friend (if you accept.)

Mikey the Pikey said...

"Invitation accepted, Captain Needa". Err, wait, guess that was "apology"...nevermind, you get the idea!

Actually I have two friends now, you and some wild MILF from Liberty, MO (checked out her page, seems nice enough, guess I'll have to say hello!). Now if Brad and Michael will just sign up, we can start continue our quest for world domination over at MySpace!

Mikey the Pikey said...

ignore the word 'start' from the end of that last comment please!

Reed said...

fine. i;ll ignore start for now...but not again.

Mikey the Pikey said...

Thanks, that's real big of you!

Mikey the Pikey said...

BTW Reed...

How in the name of Zeus' butthole did you manage to get John Powell to be your friend at MySpace? That's freakin' awesome...I want him to be my friend too!!!

Reed said...

it's easy, you just have to give him your left testical.

one thing i am a little sad at is that you can't use John Williams' songs from his myspace.