Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Need A New Hobby!

So anyway, as a bit of an addendum to the commentary on Vogler's John Williams birthday celebration from the other day, I've discovered this morning (thanks to Brad's weblink) that of the 101 films in his filmography, I have 79 on CD. Of the remaining 22, only 9 have ever seen any kind of CD release (and all but 4 of those are bootlegs). The Poseidon Adventure from FSM also contains tracks from Conrack and The Paper Chase (that makes three of the four). The fourth as I recently discovered is a Varese release of his Tom Sawyer adaptation that, surprisingly enough, is still available! I have everything (in one form - ahem *puts on guilty face*- or another) from about 1976 on up.

I need help...really! I've actually justified (in my mind) having to shell out the $100+ (each) it's going to cost me to get a copy of Poseidon and a legit copy for FSM's Towering Inferno. The rest I'll get eventually. It's like crack. I have to have them ("I got these cheeseburgers maaan!"). I believe Brad once made a referrence to collecting CD's like bottlecaps. That's me! Call me Bottlecap Boy! I've thought about taking up archery. The trouble would be avoiding the temptation to actually shoot somebody! Oh, and it's pricey (a good starter bow costs upwards of $350 - then there's targets...live ones are free, but the man tends to frown on that sort of thing, hehe - arrows, tips, miscellaneous supplies).

So um...yeah! I need a new hobby, something cheaper preferrably. Any suggestions!?!?(masturbation is not a hobby - it could I suppose be a contact sport...but I haven't got the knees for contact sports anymore!).

3 comments:

Herr Vogler said...

How about this for a hobby:

Get off your butt and compose something!

Reed said...

your blog is my crack. i need that laugh...especially as i await my wife's getting a job, and what the profs at PSU thought.

Mikey the Pikey said...

If I thought I could get away with composing at the bank, believe me, I'd have been doing it for months now. I guess, if nothing else, the monkey's going to be getting more and more independent, leaving me a little Mike time...cross ye olde fingers.

By the way Brad, Amanda Lopez (formerly Untch btw - figure that one out, she married a Cuban Mormon) needs some string parts arranged and performed for a little music for a vid one of her sisters is involved with, and wouldn't you know it, they're going to pay me a little to do it. So I guess that's a start

Ooh and hey, yeah, let us know what happened with auditions Reed!