Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Is it still just paranoia if they're really out to get you?

So anyway, just wanted to pose a question and see what kind of answers I get...


Where is the departmental conflict of interest in terms of my applying for a supervisory position on my shift (3rd) in regards to the fact that my mother is already a supervisor of the same grade level, in the same department, but on another shift and reporting to an entirely different manager and dealing with entirely different people who perform entirely different kinds of functions from those which are performed on my shift?

I ask because this is the SECOND time my attempts to move up in my department have been shot down by some seemingly lame-assed excuse. The first time, HR's excuse was that the promotion would constitute too many pay-grade level jumps (I would have been going from a grade 5 to 11). Everyone involved except HR and the horses ass VP on our floor knew that I was the most qualified candidate they could ever hope to find for the job (same as now), but it's like someone's bullshit agenda is getting in my way.

This time, HR said that a promotion would represent a (the aforementioned) conflict of interest within the department.

Honestly, I'm giving serious thought to retaining the services of a lawyer and filing a case against the whole fucking lot!


FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


thoughts?!

8 comments:

Herr Vogler said...

Sometimes I think that they give you hope just for the sadistic joy of watching it being snatched away from you. More to follow later in my little patch of cyberspace...

Reed said...

is this a career or a job?

very recently a man brought a weapon into the tacoma mall and shot a bunch of people. bevore he went he called 911 and told him what he was going to do. the 911 operator asked him where he was and he siad to follow the screams. sadistic.

i am not saying you should do this, but have you ever thought of eggings?

Herr Vogler said...

follow the yolks...

Mikey the Pikey said...

I picture my boss, tied to a radiator in a bedroom with me standing over him, just casually pooring beer and pissing on him (a la Unbreakable) with his little mutant Arkansas kids tied up in the bathroom wondering what's coming!

Is that too extreme?!

Mikey the Pikey said...

Oh, and in answer to your question Reed, it's just a job, but I still think I should be putting my talent and intelligence to as much good use as possible. That, and I just generally hate the cockgobbler I work for!

Oh and I have a real peeve against hypocricy.

Herr Vogler said...

I'm sorry my friend. I can't resist.

Did you mean hypocrisy?

hohohoh...

It's so much better when Jabba does it.

Herr Vogler said...

Oh yeah. We are out to get you.

Mikey the Pikey said...

I KNEW it!!! You'll never take me alive mutha fuckahs!!!